SilksBazaar Terms & Conditions
This document is an electronic record in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules there under as applicable and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
The domain name www.silksbazaar.com (hereinafter referred to as "Website") is owned by Silksbazaar E-Commerce Private Limited a company incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 with its registered office at # 26, M.S Lane, J.M Road, Cubbonpet, Bangalore - 560 002, Karnataka, India (hereinafter referred to as "Silksbazaar").
This contract sets out your rights and responsibilities when you use the services provided by Silksbazaar (we’ll refer to our website and other services as our “Services”), so please read it carefully. By using any of our Services (even just browsing our website), you’re agreeing to the Terms. If you don’t agree with the Terms, you may not use our Services.
You also accept and agree to be bound by Silksbazaar Policies as amended from time to time.
Those Other Policies We Mentioned
Silksbazaar’s services connect people around the world, to sell (as of now only Indian sellers) and buy (all over the world) goods. Here’s a handy guide to help you understand the specific rules and regulations that are relevant for you, depending on how you use the services.
Sellers Policy – if you would like to become a seller in silksbazaar, these policy apply to you
You can read them Sellers Policy.
Buyers Policy – If you use our services to browse or shop, these policy apply to you.
You can read them Buyers Policy.
All of these policies are a part of our Terms & Conditions, so be sure to read the ones that are relevant for you. Of course, you’ll still want to read the rest of this document because it applies to everyone!
For all Customization buyers
Please go through FAQ's of customization, where you will understand about orders, payment, process, procurement, price, design, return, refund on agreeable, cancellation and modification, shipping and tracking.
This will include as part of Terms and Conditions for customization buyers
Use of the Website is only available to a person who can form legally binding contracts under Indian Contract Act, 1872. Persons who are "incompetent to contract" within the meaning of the Indian Contract Act, 1872 including minors, un-discharged insolvents etc. are not eligible to use the Website. If you are a minor i.e. under the age of 18 years, you shall not register as a User of the website and shall not transact on or use the website. As a minor if you wish to use or transact on website, such use or transaction may be made by your legal guardian or parents on the Website. Silksbazaar reserves the right to terminate your membership and / or refuse to provide you with access to the Website if it is brought to Silksbazaar's notice or if it is discovered that you are under the age of 18 years.
Your Account and Registration With Silksbazaar
You agree that your sole purpose of registering or using Silksbazaar is to buy or sell Pure Silk and Pure Silk Blended with any other Fabric or such products as may be specifically notified by the Company on the Website from time to time (that are permitted to be bought and sold under applicable law) and you shall not use Silksbazaar for any other purpose including for selling or buying products other than as mentioned above or products that are not allowed under applicable law to be sold or bought by you in any manner.
You agree to provide true, accurate and complete information while registering or for any other purpose when prompted to do so on Silksbazaar. You are prohibited from misrepresenting your identity and agree not to represent yourself as another User or login/ register using the identity of any other person. You are responsible to maintain and promptly update the information provided while registering or for any other purpose on Silksbazaar to ensure that the information provided by you is true, accurate, current and complete at all times. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete or the Company has reasonable grounds to deduce that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or not in accordance with this User Agreement, the Company reserves the right to indefinitely suspend or terminate or block your use or access to Silksbazaar in any manner whatsoever.
When You use the Website or send emails or other data, information or communication to us, You agree and understand that You are communicating with Us through electronic records and You consent to receive communications via electronic records from Us periodically and as and when required. We may communicate with you by email or by such other mode of communication, electronic or otherwise.
You may use information on the products and services purposely made available
By posting Your Content, you grant Silksbazaar a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable, perpetual license to use, display, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, store, and prepare derivative works of Your Content to provide the Services and to promote Silksbazaar, your Silksbazaar seller account, or the Services in general, in any formats and through any channels, including across any Silksbazaar Services or third-party website or advertising medium.
That sounds like a lot, but it’s necessary for us to keep Silksbazaar going. Consider these examples: if you upload a photo of a listing on your Silksbazaar Sellers account, first, we have permission to display it to buyers, and second, we can resize it so it looks good to a buyer using our website; if you post a description in English, we can translate it into French so a buyer in Paris can learn the story behind your item; and if you post a beautiful photo of your latest handmade Silk Saree, we can feature it on our homepage, in one of our blogs or even on a billboard to help promote your business and Silksbazaar’s.
Your Use of Our Service/Website
You Shall agree and confirm that your use of our service/website will be strictly governed by the following:
You shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information which:
(1) contains restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
(2) contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource; or contains any trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, Easter eggs or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, diminish value of, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
(3) infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights or third party's trade secrets or rights of publicity or privacy or shall not be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen products;
(4) is patently offensive to the online community, such as sexually explicit content, or content that promotes obscenity, paedophilia, racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
(5) harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
(6) involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters", or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
(7) promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
(8) infringes upon or violates any third party's rights [including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, rights of privacy (including without limitation unauthorized disclosure of a person's name, email address, physical address or phone number) or rights of publicity];
(9) promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work (see "Copyright complaint" below for instructions on how to lodge a complaint about uploaded copyrighted material), such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
(10) belongs to another person and to which You does not have any right to;
(11) provides material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or otherwise inappropriate manner or solicits personal information from anyone;
(12) shall not create liability for Us or cause Us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of Our internet service provider ("ISPs") or other suppliers;
(13) contains video, photographs, or images of another person (with a minor or an adult).
(14) tries to gain unauthorized access or exceeds the scope of authorized access to the Website or to profiles, blogs, communities, account information, bulletins, friend request, or other areas of the Website or solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
(16) solicits gambling or engages in any gambling activity which We, in Our sole discretion, believes is or could be construed as being illegal;
(17) interferes with another USER's use and enjoyment of the Website or any other individual's User and enjoyment of similar services;
(18) shall not, directly or indirectly, offer, attempt to offer, trade or attempt to trade in any item, the dealing of which is prohibited or restricted in any manner under the provisions of any applicable law, rule, regulation or guideline for the time being in force.
(19) harm minors in any way;
(20) deceives or misleads the addressee/ users about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
(21) violates any law for the time being in force;
(22) is misleading in any way;
(23) impersonate another person;
(24) is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever; or unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing including but not limited to "indecent representation of women" within the meaning of the Indecent Representation of Women (Prohibition) Act, 1986;
(25) threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation.
(26) shall not be false, inaccurate or misleading;
(28) provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses.
You shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Website, or any other systems or networks connected to the Website or to any server, computer, network, or to any of the services offered on or through the Website, by hacking, password "mining" or any other illegitimate means.
Payments for the items on Silksbazaar, at the option of the relevant seller, can be made by way of (i) Electronic mode which can be made through the Silksbazaar authorized payment gateway Facility or by depositing cash, cheque, demand draft in the bank account of the Company
For the purposes of buying and/or selling any item listed on Silksbazaar, you agree and undertake not to make payments in any manner other than as provided, without the prior consent of the Company.
You acknowledge and accept that you have specifically authorized the Company to collect, process, facilitate and remit payments and/ or the Transaction amount by any of the prescribed methods of payment through Electronic mode or Cash on Delivery to and from other Users in respect of Transactions.
The Company shall make reasonable efforts to ensure that requests for electronic debits and credits involving Issuing Bank are informed to the registered Bank (defined below) in a timely manner. However, a number of factors that are outside of the Company's control (including without limitation actions of Issuing Bank, Nodal Bank and the bank or credit / debit/ cash card and/or banks or financial institution infrastructure or indirectly through payment gateway facility providers or through any such facility authorized by the Reserve Bank of India to provide enabling support facility for collection and remittance of payment where the Transaction amount is remitted and/or refunded) may delay the time within which the Transaction amount are collected/ remitted by the Company through the Silksbazaar authorized payment gateway facility. The Company neither makes any representations nor makes any warranties regarding the amount of time needed to complete processing, including delays in the banking system and nor shall the Company be liable for any actual or consequential damages arising from any claim of delay.
Any claim for refund of any payment made to the Company, for any reason whatsoever, shall be to the account of the Seller and the Company shall not be responsible for the same including but not limited to service charges or any other fees/ charges.
You agree and accept that the Company is neither acting as trustee nor acting in a fiduciary capacity with respect to the Transaction or the Transaction Price, by providing the Silksbazaar authorized payment gateway facility or any other method of payment to its Users.
Self Termination – you can terminate your account with Silksbazaar at any time from your account setting. We are really hate to see you go.
Termination by Silksbazaar - If silksbazaar, notices, suspects, or violation of the law or for any reason, silksbazaar terminate or suspend your account at any time and without advance notice.
Services we may discontinue - Silksbazaar reserves the rights to change, suspend or discontinue any of the services at any time, for any reason. We will not be liable to you for the effect that any changes to the services may have on you, including your income or your ability to generate revenue through the services.
Limitation liability of company
You shall indemnify and hold harmless the Company and the Company's parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, third-parties and their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees, from any claim or demand, or actions including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party or penalty imposed due to or arising out of your breach of the User Agreement including the rules and policies incorporated herein by reference, or (ii) your violation of any law, rules or regulations or the rights of a third party.